I thought I’d do a Tag today. This is the Readers Problems Tag and it was created by Tiffany (@AboutToRead).
You can watch the original video here. If you decide to do this Tag, let me know so I can go and watch/read your answers.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I pick my reads on a whim. I never plan far ahead, the tbr I made for December is an exception because of Blogmas.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends. I’ve started and quit Wuthering Heights three times already but generally I choose my reads carefully. In the past, I read everything and anything from the library, now I buy books (which costs me a lot of money) so think twice before actually buying it.. Does the story sound interesting, what do other people think about it? What I’m trying to say is that I normally like the books I read. Why waste your time on a bad book? When there are so many great ones out there.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I don’t have a Goodreads reading challenge, I read what I want, when I want to. It’s the quality that matters to me, not the quantity.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I die a little inside.. And I’ll try to replace them in the future, if possible.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I try to forget the book exists and move on to something I like better.
Also, the internet is a vast space. Surely there will be someone who shares my opinion.. If I really want to moan about it..
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
The only people around when I’m reading are usually my family and they’ve seen me cry several times before so I don’t really care.. Should I find myself in public, then I’ll try not to cry, I’ll just be hurting on the inside..
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
If I really liked the first book, I’ll most likely read the next ones. If I didn’t like the first one, then I’ll skip it. I’m not much of a re-reader. So I’ll just read on.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I’d just say no. Only people I trust, can borrow my books.. I once let my sister borrow one of my books and when I got it back it was full of dog ears.. I HATE dog ears!!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I’d look for the most popular book on the internet and read that.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Depends on how much money I can spend. I only buy books of which I’m 90% sure I’ll like.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Once again it depends, some I read immediately, other stay on my shelf for a couple of weeks, months,.. until I can find the time.
See you tomorrow!